1. During the time period shown in the chart, the Lifestyles, Science & Technology, Blue Chip Growth, Equity-Income, Health Sciences and Small Company Value portfolios expenses were reimbursed. If such expenses had not been reimbursed, returns would be lower. Expense reimbursement for the International Core portfolio was terminated 11/25/02. Expense reimbursement for the Capital Appreciation portfolio was terminated effective 5/15/01.
2. The performance reflects the asset charges for Series I shares from inception to January 27, 2002, and the asset charges for Series II shares for the time periods subsequent to January 27, 2002. The performance for Series II shares will be lower than Series I shares due to the higher Series II 12b-1 fee.
3. The portfolios in the John Hanocck Variable Insurance Trust described above are not retail mutual funds and are only available under variable annuity contracts, variable life policies, or through participation in tax qualified retirement plans. Although the portfolios' investment adviser or subadvisers may manage retail mutual funds with similar names and investment objectives, no representation is made, and no assurance is given, that any portfolio's investment results will be comparable to the investment results of any other fund, including other funds with the same investment adviser or subadviser. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
4. The Core Diversified Growth & Income merged into the John Hancock Asset Management Lifestyle Growth effective October 28, 2011.
5. The Core Allocation merging into Lifestyle Growth effective April 27, 2012.
6. The Core Balanced merging into Lifestyle Growth effective April 27, 2012.
7. The Core Disciplined Diversification merging into Lifestyle Growth effective April 27, 2012.
8. The Balanced merging into Lifestyle Growth effective April 27, 2012.
9. The Total Bond Market A merging into Total Bond Market B effective November 2, 2012.