An immediate annuity is a long-term contract between you and your insurance company that can provide you income that is guaranteed to last as long as you need it.
How an immediate annuity works:
- A one-time premium is paid to the insurance company. The insurance company then pays you a customizable pension-like, stream of income payments.
- Payments begin immediately* and can be received monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually.
- Payments can last for a specific amount of years** (2-30) or for a lifetime.
Benefits of an immediate annuity:
- Tax-Efficiency - Immediate annuities distribute your money over several years, helping you spread out taxes. If the annuity is initially funded with nonqualified money, the only taxable portion of the payment will be on investment gains.
- Protection - If you are concerned about outliving your assets, immediate annuities provide income protection through several guaranteed lifetime payment options.
- Security - The income stream is not impacted by unpredictable markets and offers an annual increase option to help reduce the impact of inflation.
- Flexibility - Payments are available monthly, quarterly, semiannually, or annually and allow you to fully control your income, with optional protection for a spouse or beneficiary.
- Opportunity - An immediate annuity such as JH Essential Income offers you the comfort of knowing you'll receive the income you need to cover essential expenses, while retaining the flexibility to seek out growth opportunities when investing your remaining assets.
- Dependability - The guaranteed income is backed by John Hancock Life Insurance Company (U.S.A) and the John Hancock Life Insurance Company of New York, both financially strong and highly rated companies. John Hancock has been protecting the financial future of clients since 1862.
*Immediate annuity payments must begin within twelve months of the contract’s issue date
** Subject to availability
All guarantees are subject to the claims paying ability of the issuing insurance company.
Products and features may not be available in all states.
Fixed annuities are issued and administered by John Hancock Life Insurance Company, (U.S.A.), Lansing, MI 48304 (not licensed in New York) and John Hancock Life Insurance Company of New York, Valhalla, NY 10595.
Approval Number: MLINY08091013352
Policy Form Number: 07IFA