Use our newly designed Retirement Income Calculator to determine how much you'll need to cover your retirement expenses in three simple steps. Based on your "retirement number," we'll provide a potential solution to close your retirement income gap with a Venture Variable Annuity with the Optional Income Plus For Life rider.
Please read the section below carefully before launching the What's Your Number? Retirement Income Calculator.
Facts About Annuities
- Venture Variable Annuities combine a number of features and benefits, including professional asset management, death benefit protection, and tax deferral. Optional benefits provide living benefit protection and are available for an additional fee.
- When you purchase a variable annuity, you are purchasing a long-term contract with an insurance company, designed to provide retirement payments. The annuity provides a guaranteed death benefit and the ability to receive lifetime income. By electing an optional withdrawal benefit, you have the opportunity to stay in the market while guaranteeing that an amount equal to your principal will be returned through withdrawals, regardless of market performance.
- Withdrawals may be subject to withdrawal charges and will reduce the death benefit, optional benefits, and contract value. In addition, withdrawals of taxable amounts will be subject to ordinary income tax and, if made prior to age 59½, a 10% IRS penalty tax may apply. Withdrawals exceeding the withdrawal amount available without charge may be subject to applicable withdrawal charges
- Variable annuities are subject to insurance-related fees (such as Mortality and Expense risk charges, administrative fees, and asset management fees) and withdrawal charges for early withdrawal. These fees and charges must be taken into consideration when considering purchasing an annuity.
Facts About Income Plus For Life Optional Rider
- The rider provides guaranteed lifetime withdrawals that are equal to 5% of the benefit base at age 65 (4.75% following the youngest contract owner's attaining age 65 for the Joint Life option).
- At age 59½, the rider provides guaranteed lifetime withdrawals that are equal to 4% of the benefit base (3.75% following the youngest contract owner's attaining age 59½ for the Joint Life option).
- Annual 5% deferral credit available each year a withdrawal is not taken during first 10 years, prior to age 95. Credit is added to benefit base, not the contract value and is not available as a lump sum or in cash.
- Automatic annual step-ups up to age 95. Each step-up reloads the credit period for an additional 10 years. In an up market, the step-up value may exceed the value of a credit. Your benefit base will increase to the greater of the two values.
- Specific portfolio options offered help provide investment balance.
- The annual fee is 1.00% (max 1.50%). The fee is based on the adjusted benefit base and is deducted from the contract value on the anniversary. John Hancock reserves the right to increase the fee at any time after the second contract anniversary up to a maximum of 1.50%. If increased, the fee will not change for at least the next two contract years. In states where permitted, you may decline an increase to the fee by terminating the rider. The fee is in addition to all contract and insurance-related fees.
Additional fees apply for the Venture Annuity option on which the rider is elected. Other fees include asset management-related expenses and the annual administration fee (which is waived if you sign up for eDelivery).
- It is important to understand that Income Plus For Life is an optional benefit available with Venture Variable Annuity contracts and cannot be elected without purchasing the annuity contract. This benefit may not be appropriate for those individuals who do not foresee a need for liquidity and whose primary focus is tax deferral. Before considering this benefit, please make sure the annuity is suitable for your financial goals and personal circumstances. IPFL requires clients to choose from a selection of pre-built diversified portfolios available with the variable annuity, requires taking withdrawals to receive certain benefits, contains age caps and limitations at certain ages, and you must be living in order to receive certain benefits.
- Initial purchase payments of $1 million (subpayments of $100,000) or greater to a Venture Variable Annuity with Income Plus For Life require prior company approval.
- The guarantees are backed by the claims-paying ability of the issuer. Optional riders can only be elected at issue and may not be available in all products, in conjunction with other riders, or in qualified plans. Features and availability may vary by state. Only one version can be elected per contract. Additional fees, restrictions, and limitations apply. See the prospectus for full details.
What is a benefit base?
- Your benefit base is the amount used to determine your Lifetime Income Amount, and the rider fee. It begins with your initial purchase payment. There are several ways your benefit base can change:
- It may increase when you make additional payments to the contract.
- It increases when there is a step-up.
- It increases when a credit is added for deferring withdrawals.
- It is reduced proportionately when you take a withdrawal prior to the Lifetime Income Date, or when you take an excess withdrawal
- The maximum allowable benefit base is $3 million. It can only be taken in regular withdrawals, and cannot be taken as a lump sum.
Contact your financial advisor or visit www.jhannuities.com for more information, including product and fund prospectuses that contain complete details on investment objectives, risks, fees, charges, and expenses as well as other information about the investment company, which should be carefully considered. Please read the prospectuses carefully prior to investing. The prospectuses contain this and other information on the product and the underlying portfolios.
Calculator assumes no additional withdrawals are taken.
Are you on track to meet your retirement goals?